Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bridezillas

I know that most girls dream of that day that they walk down the aisle in a big white dress with all their family and friends there to see you marry the person of your dreams. The process leading up to that gets stressful and brides tend to get ruthless and become what people call "bridezillas". The Twirl girls try to make the wedding planning as stressful as possible and help out in anyway we can, but sometimes we get a "red sticker" bride. Let me explain what that means; we have a color sticker system that we put on the brides file to let the Twirl girls know how high maintenance they can be. It just lets us know if we need to give a little extra attention or care when speaking with them or answering any of their questions. Being a red sticker bride means extreme bridezilla. In the last week I have dealt with two red sticker brides that were just awful to me which was defiantly not necessary. They are demanding and have no sensitivity towards others and treated me as if I was incompetent. This made me want to curse her and tell her what I really thought, but of course I kept my composure and apologized profusely for the mistake that she made. I made her feel at ease after the 15 minutes of cruelty, but it was worth it because you want to make the bride happy so she can refer us to her friends. Bridezillas think the world revolves around them and they demand intangible things. They are just unbearable to be around when it comes to the planning process and will put down everyone on the way. I always thought your wedding was supposed to be a blissful time, happy times, planning the most memorable day of your life, but apparently this is not the case. I have learned what a real bridezilla is and I decided when I get married I am going to let my mom choose everything and hope to be a green sticker bride!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes!! Sorry that some people are such punks! I don't think there's ever a good excuse for being rude to people. And 2 in one week! That's frustrating. I"m glad you were able to keep your composure and be professional. Hopefully those gals will take a chill pill so they can relax and actually enjoy their wedding and you can keep enjoying your job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrible experience to have to go through. It's understandable that they can be stressed out about stuff but that doesn't mean that they have to be rude and disrespectful to the people that are trying to help them. I hope you came out of it ok and are able to get more green sticker brides this next week.

    ReplyDelete